Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Captain Jack Amigurumi!

Alright everyone, we finally finished the character we've been working on for the past couple of days! I'm so excited about him. Here he is!
Captain Jack Sparrow! He is probably the most detail oriented amigurumi we've made so far, and we had to edit some of the stuff we were going to put on him. But he does have his compass, a bird's claw, two belts, a sword, his pistol, beads in his hair, bones in his hair, coins in his hair (and lots of other stuff I tied in there) and his hat and his jacket and his vest. Whew! That's a lot of stuff.


I kind of like him without his hat on. He has so many accessories going on here, I love how kind of crazy it makes him look. But he still turned out super cute. Can you believe those belt buckles are made out of sculpey? Boyfriend is getting really good at making belt buckles (and rum bottles!).
This is the first time we've done a fabric other than felt (for the fabric around his waist and his head scarf) and it wasn't too bad. I generally avoid felt because I hate to seam things, but these two weren't that bad. The jacket and vest are still felt though, and they both have all of the details painted on. I love the little buttons on the jacket, I think they turned out great.

Well, that's all I can say about it now. Check out my flickr page for more pictures, I uploaded a ton of them. This Jack is also for sale here if anyone is interested (the one we made for ourselves is safely tucked away, and not going anywhere!) I am so pleased with how he turned out, I hope you guys like him!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is extremely awesome. 2 thumbs way up!

amber said...

Very, very cool. I'm so glad you remembered the little rum bottles, Jack would be so sad without them. You and the boyfriend have done a wonderful job, as always.

Anonymous said...

Nice technique.

Can you do ships?

Unknown said...

This is SIMPLY AMAZING. Well, very complicated amazing. But you get my point.
I am so envious right now XD
About how tall are these guys?

Geek Central Station said...

@fafa
I don't know, I never considered it! Maybe the base could be crocheted, and it could have little felt sails. Although, it would have to be pretty big--it would at least have to be scaled to the figures. Dang you! Now I want to make one!

@shazkin
Thahks! Jack is about 5 1/2-6 inches tall. My guys have been steadily growing--you should see the news ones compared to the original LotR guys I did.

Geek Central Station said...

Thahks=Thanks! It's too early and I haven't had any diet coke yet.

Anonymous said...

This has got to be the most awesome amigurumi I've seen... period.

Linni said...

Hiya! I absolutely adore your gurumi figures, and because of them I am going to learn how to crochet :)
So I was wondering: did you use one of the human patterns you have posted for Jack's body, or is it possible to use them? Would it in that case be necessary to resize the clothes and accesories?

Sims72 said...

Captain Jack Sparrow is my all-time favourite character ever! Would you be willing to sell the pattern (copyright and not for distribution of course). I'm new to amigurumi and would love to give this a try. PS. What material do you use to make the accessories? They are brilliant.