Saturday, May 24, 2008

Geeky find of the day

Okay, so I was on Etsy, looking around at some leather journals, and I thought "Wouldn't it be cool if someone made Bilbo's journal from Lord of the Rings"? Well, it turns out that no one did. But I did some searching on the internet, and check this out:
It's so pretty, right? Beautiful red leather, embossed with the star on the top and Bilbo Baggins' initials on the bottom. But wait, there's more!
There are a ton more pictures here and the pages are all beautifully written and have gorgeous pictures. The guy who made this replicated the entire Lord of the Rings story (including The Hobbit) and used a different style of handwriting for each person--Bilbo, Frodo, and then Sam. It's AMAZING, that's pretty much all I can say. He must have had a lot of patience to replicate the work like this. I can't believe how detailed it is. Unfortunately the pictures don't get much bigger than this, but I'll take what I can get.

If you like this sort of thing, the same person (I couldn't find much info about him) also made an awesome Holy Grail diary notebook with pages from the movie. Just like Bilbo's journal, it is meticulously detailed and beautifully drawn. He also has other props here if you guys want to check them out--everything from Indy's passports to Lord of the Rings maps (with invisible runes!) to Pirates of the Caribbean coins.

I promise I'm getting back to work now! We should have our latest character done by today. He's so cool! I can't wait to show him off.

No comments: