Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Chii?

Hey there everyone! We just finished a custom order last night, and I wanted to share--I know a couple of people have asked if I would make these, so I thought you guys might be interested.
He he! They are little Chii and Freya from the Chobits anime! I'm always kind of wary of making anime people, because my human Futurama people didn't turn out so well (I know, I know, they're not anime, but they are animated, so they translate the same) but I think these guys actually turned out really well. The boyfriend actually did most of the work on these, I pretty much just did the hand-sewing.
Their dresses were actually pretty complicated, compared to some of the people we have done in the past. And they were both different, too, even though they look similar. I think my favorite part of them is the back:
With the little lace up! And the ribbons. The black one has a lace up too, but no ribbons. Her dress is more complicated looking in the back, though. And they both have lace around the bottom of their dresses, which we have never used before, but which was pretty easy to work with and turned out looking really cute.

Anyway, that's it! I just wanted to let you guys know that we've been working over here, contrary to what it might seem like at times. We actually have another dude finished, but he's part of a pair, and I'm wondering if I should wait to post him until the other one is done.

Have a great fourth of July, Americans! And it's the boyfriend's birthday today, so there's going to be cake and festivities tonight, but hopefully we might still get some work done. Stay tuned!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I have no idea what show these are from, but that doesn't matter they are fabulous. The dresses are wonderful.

Love all of your work.

Happy 4th of July.

Jedi Meg said...

OMG! Those are so cute! Chobits was one of the first animes I watched straight through and have the full manga set for.

Love them! Keep up the amazing work!

Anonymous said...

Oh my god, Chobits amigurumi. That's adorable. :3

I don't suppose anyone's commissioned Hotaru, from Samurai Deeper Kyo? I'm tempted, but I don't know how well his sleepy-eyed look would translate.

Unknown said...

Oh. My. GOD! Chobits is my favorite thing evar! I would LOVE a pattern for this!