Sunday, August 10, 2008

AT-AT: The Ghetto Files

Ever wonder what would happen to an out of commission AT-AT when left in a bad part of town? Unlikely scenario, I know (those punks on Hoth blew everything up, there wasn't much to deface) but bear with me. Check out this super cool modded Hasbro toy.
Isn't that so cool? All of the graffiti is in Aurabesh (the large graffiti on the side spells out "REBEL") and I love the little rebel tags everywhere. I wish there were more pictures of the other sides, but I think you can get the general idea. Stick it to the empire, guys!

This item sold at Christie's for $1250. Let me tell you, if I had that kind of money I would have snatched this up in a second, I think it's so cool. I have a thing for AT-ATs though, I just love them. Just wanted to share with everyone!

2 comments:

Andrea said...

LOL- how unique!
btw LOVE your amigurumi!

pseudobunny said...

I can't believe I have only NOW found your site. It is made of awesome. Have you seen that movie the guy made with bits of Star Wars being part of daily life in San Francisco. <-- also made of awesome. seriously. wish i knew the link. i'll remember...