Monday, March 23, 2009

Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Cross Stitch

Alrighty, today we have a couple of wonderful Dr. Horrible cross stitch samplers made by craftster user beefranck, who also made the lovely "I'll be in my bunk" cross stitch, (and apparently has a penchant for cross stitching dirty words) .

This one is cute--I like the birdies, and how cheerful it looks with such an evil message. But my favorite:

That's just awesome. That looks like something you could hang in your guest bathroom to confuse and scare anyone who wants to visit you.

Also, anyone watching "Dollhouse"? What do you think of it? I think it's getting better, but I'm still mad that it is on the air instead of Firefly so I think that may be clouding my judgment a little. Also Joss Whedon needs to get moving on the Shepherd Book comic that he has been promising to make. Then again maybe I just liked the last episode because Eliza Dushku wasn't in it very much. I never liked her as Faith and I'm watching this show despite the fact that she is in it. On a similar note, even Nathan Fillion could not make me watch the awful "Castle" show that he is in now. Maybe it's because his character is friends with James Patterson, who I loathe (strictly in a bibliophile sense, I'm sure as a normal person he is...fine, he just needs to stop churning out his crappy novels every other month! Now he's taking over the kids seciton too with his ridiculous Maximum Ride novels, which, in case you are not familiar with them, is about a kid with wings who is named Maximum Ride. Yeah. That's her name. For reals.) or maybe it's because of the bad writing or the annoying female lead, or maybe it's just cause I want him to bust out his gun and shoot some people, Mal style. Anyway, this whole thing turned into one long rant that I'm sure everyone by now has written off as insane ramblings, so I'll go now. Stay tuned for more coherent posts soon!

5 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm watching Dollhouse, the Joss fan in can't turn away. I'm on the same page as you about it though, I just don't know if I like it yet. I'm tired of being told EVERY episode what the show is about. I just don't get why he continues to work with Fox. Sigh, I miss Firefly.

I've seen the Dr. Horrible cross stitch already, it's still nice to be reminded of Nathan Fillion's penis though :)

Anonymous said...

I love those cross-stitches (the 1st one is my fave). Dollhouse has been so-so, but the last episode was actually worth watching... maybe it will get better. I agree w/you about maybe it was because Eliza D. wasn't in it much!!

Wicked said...

Those are brilliant.

Amy S. said...

I've been told that James Patterson has a team of writers that work for him, churning out the books for him, and that all he really does is come up with story lines. He doesn't actually write anything of his own anymore.

I don't actually know if it's true or not, but, considering I heard that from one of the managers at my bookstore, and she always has amazing-but-true stories up her sleeve, it could very well be true. Or at least factually based.

Oh, and:
Love the Dr. Horrible Cross Stitch :D I need to learn to cross-stitch just so I can do odd things like that. XD So Awesome!

Delilah Rehm said...

I don't know you but I feel like you're my long lost twin. I'm with you on everything! I like Dollhouse but don't love it, and part of me is annoyed Firefly had twice the veiwers as Dollhouse and didn't get season 2. I love Dr. Horrible. I love geeky crochet. I learned to crochet last year but so far have only made animals.

Are you on facebook or twitter?

Delilah