Wednesday, March 25, 2009

It's a Mon Cal Cruiser!

And not just any Mon Cal cruiser, it's Admiral Ackbar's ship Home One! It seems like that ship should have been the first one that the second Death Star targeted, but whatever. Anyway, the crazy dude that made this spent 11 months and $5500 bucks to make a 52 pound lego creation. Pretty crazy. And oh yeah, it's totally wired to light up.

I'm pretty sure that Mon Cal cruisers have little mottledy spots all over them, so it's kind of dissapointing that this one is all one color. However, the lights totally make up for it! Can you believe that this guy not only designed the blueprints for this massive thing, but also made sure there were hundreds of windows that could light up? It's crazy to even imagine how to get started on a project like that.
If you're interested, this guys also has some other crazy Star Wars lego creations, but they're all prequel stuff so I didn't really want to post them. Some people are into that sort of thing though, I guess. Anyway, hope everyone is having a nice week! Stay tuned!

2 comments:

Machiavelli's Daughter said...

http://jezebel.com/5184449/recline--unwind-with-felines have you seen this? I thought of you the instant I saw it!

Geek Central Station said...

That's so cute! I would totally go there to pet the kitties, especially since mine are driving me crazy today!