Wednesday, March 4, 2009

You can't take the Firefly crafts from me!

For some reason I've been seeing a lot of (new! well, to me at least) Firefly related crafts out there. I thought I would share!

First off, some awesome crocheted and knitted versions of Serenity. I do like the crochet one better, I think (the first one) because I like the colors on it and some of the pieces are a little more detailed (I want the removable shuttles though!), but the knit one has a light up butt!
I think if I am ever bored (well, if I'm bored and I don't have mountains of work I'm supposed to be doing--okay, probably even if I do) I want to make one of these bad boys (or is that girl? Are spaceships girls too, like boats? Why are there so many parenthesis in this post?) but it does look rather intimidating. I'll keep an eye out to see if the pattern ever pops up.And then a cute cross stitch that was also found on craftster:
I like the ship, it's instantly recognizable. It's kind of weird that the quote is actually a small dialogue, but I think that the two colors of thread help that a little bit.

And now my favorite, even if it is a bit simple, I think the hearts are a great touch:
Ha ha! Jayne is so gross.

Anyway, hope you guys enjoy this stuff! Keep an eye out here for new stuff, and don't forget to keep an eye on crazy penguin Drake's adventures! Since I can't seem to get away from crafting stuff I'm going to be posting some cool tutorials over there, so stay tuned!

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

Awesome!! This is a great post! I too love the Firefly, 'specially in craft form.

I'm currently working on a never ending Jayne cross stitch portrait. I'll let you know when I finish it.

Dina said...

Shiney! I agree with you - at least from the pictures - about the crochet over knit one, but both are cool.

Anonymous said...

Love!!