Thursday, June 2, 2011

Twoferone

So I've been wanting to do a needlework project for a while now, and, of course, I also wanted it to be geeky. I came up with something that has a reference from not one but TWO of my favorite shows. One: Parks and Recreation. Two: Archer. Now, if you are easily offended, what the hell are you doing here? Just kidding. Some people might find this offensive, but I assure you, it's (probably) not.

See? It's all flowery and curly and stuff. Boyfriend designed it for me, since he loves typography stuff. I think it turned out really nice.

Reference 1: Parks and Rec. "Just the Tip" was the name of Andy's band before it became "Mouserat". And then "Scarecrow Boat". And then "Mouserat" again. And before you ask, yes, I want to make a MouseRat embroidery as well. And some/all of the following:
God Hates Figs
Everything Rhymes with Orange
Nothing Rhymes with Orange
Fiveskin
Fourskin
Threeskin
Muscle Confusion
Puppy Pendulum
Teddy Bear Suicide
And maybe RatMouse? I don't know. But I love all of the band names. Wikipedia says that the guy who plays Andy made up over 200 fake band names for that scene. That's commitment.
Reference 2: Archer. Okay, this one is probably offensive. (Warning: Video contains nudity. Animated nudity, but still) Seriously, if you have Netflix streaming you need to go watch Season 1. So funny.

Anyway, let me know what you think! And if anyone is interested in the pattern, let me know and I'd be happy to put it up for download somewhere.

Stay tuned!

1 comment:

iamnotobiwan said...

Awesome sauce. (TELL me you get that)