Thursday, June 23, 2011

Art Dinouveau

I work in a used bookstore, so I come across a lot of really weird stuff.  Most of the time the stuff is gross, covered with bugs, cat urine, or various other things that don't merit being mentioned here, but every once in a while I come across something really cool, like this crazy bible dinosaur book (I actually see those quite often, unfortunately).  But this book is way, way cooler.  It is the neatest dinosaur book I've ever seen.

I mean, right?  The whole book is a dinosaur Art Nouveau extravaganza.  The title page actually says that the style is called Art Dino (dee-no).  And yes, that pronunciation is included.  Check out some of the pictures.



I really like this little squiddy decoration at the bottom.  (or is it a nautilus?)
A black and white picture to show the crazy border, even if the picture is kind of gross.

You just kind of have to wonder how something like this would get made.  I mean, I'm eternally grateful that it did, I just am very curious.  I really want to display this somehow, but I don't want to cut up the book.  Maybe I replicate one of the pictures in embroidery?  Or force boyfriend to paint one of them?  I don't know.  But it is available at Amazon, and the used price starts at only $0.25!  I guess at that price I could afford to buy a couple and tear out the pictures to my heart's content.


Stay tuned!

No comments: